Natural cures are always among your best treatment for any condition. They’re safe, cheap and also effective. Whenever you need them, they are readily available in your home or nearest store.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is an abnormal condition of the intestines that cause abdominal discomfort, bloating, cramping and gas with diarrhea or constipation. You have several treatments to remedy this condition.
Natural Cures For IBS
- If you’re having constipation with IBS, you need to increase your intake of fiber and water. Eat more of fruits and vegetables. Water should be more than 8-10 glasses per day. If you’re currently having difficulty passing out stool, you can do colonic massage. To do this, you need to sit on the toilet or lie on your back with knees bent. Close your dominant hand to a fist and massage in circular motion the right lower quadrant of your abdomen. Massage should be strong and deep. Move your hand toward the right upper quadrant, going across to the left and lastly to the left lower quadrant. Repeat this to help expel the stool and gas.
- Peppermint oil is effective in reducing abdominal cramps and bloating. You can take it in various forms to eliminate gas. The oil is also relaxing which can minimize heart burn. You can have tea with peppermint flavor, capsules or fresh peppermint leaves.
- Probiotics are live microorganisms that are helpful for your digestive tract. They’re known to be good bacteria. Taking probiotics everyday has helped in reducing symptoms associated with stomach upset. Yogurts contain probiotics and are yummy too. It has decreased bloating, passing of gas and abdominal cramps.
- If you’re having diarrhea, increase your intake of banana to help form the stool. Avoid irritating foods like tomato-based foods, processed foods, caffeine, milk and dairy.
- If eating fatty foods trigger your IBS, you can take pancreatic enzymes to prevent the discomfort. The enzymes will help digest the fats you’ve taken in and prevent IBS attacks. If you can take it, just avoid fatty foods all the time. They won’t only cause upset stomach but also increase your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- When abdominal cramps disturb you a lot, you can try hot baths at home. This is very relaxing and can help relieve cramps. You can also use warm compress or pack and place it over your abdomen. This can really help. Just make sure not to use too hot water. Blister or burns would be another problem.
- Fruit juices can help minimize the condition of IBS attack. Best to take are carrot, aloe vera, apple and pear juices. These should be fresh. Grab a fruit and extract the juice in them. You can gulp them straight away. These will coat the intestinal lining and help calm disturbed bowel.
With these home remedies, you can relieve discomforts of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Don’t allow yourself to suffer the symptoms of IBS. You can do something to cure it in the safest and effective way. Follow these tips and you’ll surely be in your best condition possible.